Monday, May 2, 2011

Roadtrip 2k11 pt. 1/3: Groningen is just not Somo...

Wow... it's been 7 days, or approx. 182 hours since my phone rang: "Bojan" it said on the display and so I knew in 30 minutes the roadtrip would start :)

After taking a shower and getting ready, I finally saw my friends when I was staring down from my window and immediately ran downstairs to welcome them. The bad thing about that: the moment the door of my floor closed, I knew: shiiiit, I forgot my keys and just locked ourselves out :-D what a crazy start for a roadtrip;)

 starting the roadtrip



So after calling and wakening 4 people on my floor, we finally got in and had an awesome breakfast.
The rest of the monday, we spent with sightseeing in Groningen, chilling at the Noorderplantsoen, visiting my company, playing poker at the student house and having a great wok for dinner. At night, we could finally open the first Captain Morgans for playing some rounds of Kings Cup before the first drunken people started to strip on a table in the middle of the room.
It was a nice party - I just hope that my collegues from my studenthouse will still talk with me after this night x)
Anyway - I then of course took my friends to the city so that they could see the Groningen-Party-life (I told them that you can party everynight in Groningen, and there is always party and that the city is not know for any particular sights but that it really is a student- and therefore also a party city) ... well, not on Easter-Monday xD

Ghost-town: Groningen


Although a lot of clubs were closed or totally empty, we still just went from the few crowded pubs or clubs to the next and made our own party.. Paul almost bought a bike for 7 euros, but in the end he was scared of doing something illegal - i guess ;)

partying in Groningen


The 2nd day in Groningen started with lekker scrumbled eggs, before we had a chilled tour through the city again, with the highlight of beeing on top of the Netherlands (well I guess we were just 250 meters shy of the country's highest point :D) at the Springs-lounge at Grote Market: Great view - a nice place to drink a beer! :)

After some basketball session in the evening (this was the most sport we have done this week, besides Padraig who had kind of a long-jump-competition later on in Utrecht... you will read about this in Roadtrip 2k11 pt 2/3 ;)) we were chilling in the living room of the studenthouse again. First motivated to go out but later totally fine just with relaxing and talking until late night (btw. at that point we already had 400 pictures! x))

So, summarizing the first two nights we had and comparing them with the roadtrip in Spain: Groningen was awesome, but Somo was even better - but honestly: is there any place in the world that can beat Somo anyway?? ;)

tbc...

No comments:

Post a Comment