Monday, May 9, 2011

Batavarienrace 2011 - and this time I really met the love of my life :D

And again.. another weekend not at home, travelling through the Netherlands, using my second last Kruidvat-train-ticket on the way back home on Sunday, but well yeah.. maybe I better start my blog with Friday :)

Friday night after work I left for Nijmegen where the Batavierenrace began. Just a short explanation: The Batavierenrace is a running-competition. It is a relay where every team consists of 25 people. The race starts at midnight with a night-Group (approx. 8 runners) then a morning group (also 8 runners) and a day group (also 8 runners - I know its only 24, but no idea which group consists of 9 people ;)).

 Start at Nijmegen



There are always 2 people of the team on the track, one is running and one is accompaning on the bike. The distances are varying (from 3 km to 11 km) and in total its about 160 km from Nijmegen to Enschede.
So the run started in the night from Friday to Saturday and I was in the morning group which gave me approx. 3 hours sleep at the Aiesec office in Nijmegen before we (the morning group) had to leave to our starting point in Ulft.
As I was one of the last runners in my group I started at ca. 10am my run for 7.8 km. As the sun was really burning like hell, one of my teammembers already got kind of a sun-collapse just before me and I wanted to enjoy the party later on, I tried to not over do my running (otherwise I would have been much, much faster ;P). So it took me 41:05 minutes for the distance, which is quite okay, but I would have liked to be under 40 minutes.

The afternoon I spend with building up the Party-tent, which at the end turned out to become my sleeping place - haha - and with getting at least one hour of sleep back.

my awesome bed :)


Oh yeah btw.. just to explain: the finish of the race was in Enschede at the University Campus... the campus was also used as a camp-site. Although I almost never go to any music festivals, I guess it was kind of the same atmosphere there ^^
In the evening there was a really awesome barbecue, organised by the Aiesecers of Enschede, directly in one of the studenthouses at the Campus in front of a nice "lake". It was so nice chilling there, having good food and beer and talking with all different kind of Aiesecers :)
From the barbecue we (well there were about 50 Aiesecers, I would say) which split up in several groups (.. I would have liked to take a group picture, but well..was not possible to gather all the people ;)) went to the Batavarien-Party, which is supposed to be the biggest student-party in Europe (dont know if thats true?).
Party was nice and better then expected (some people from my student house warned me that there would only be ugly guys.. that would be because Enschede is famous for the Technical University, so there are a lot of nerds there ;)), but that was not really the case..

party @ the Batavierenfeestje



Anyway, party was nice and ... yeah... as I stated in the headline of the blog: I met the love of my life:

A little bit annoyed of the music ("..das ist prima, prima Colognia, wir lieben die Liebe, das Leben und die Lust... lala") I went outside of one of the party tents where I met an Aiesecer from Nijmegen. We were talking for 2 minutes until he asked me if I would go back with him to the tent. I - a little bit drunk and emotional - said that I would wait here outside on the side of the curbstone for 3 minutes and if a girl comes and talks to me, she is the love of my life! :)
So guess what? Exactly after 2:59 (oke, thats not totally proven) a girl came and said "hello" - Wow, there she was, the future Ms. Djabbari, approx. 1,67 tall, brown hair and a quite lovely smile. Unfortunately she could not handle the pressure of being my love of the life (I told her that she would be, in the 2nd sentence or so ;)- good pick-up line? I am not sure :D), so I just found out that her name is Anna and she probably also told me what she is studying (DrunkenDadj forgot :/). After 3 minutes the conversation ended as her friends went somewhere else, and with a nice smile and the knowledge that we just missed out our soulmates both of us just walked in different directions.. what a sad story :(

Sunday I went back from Enschede Drienerio via Hengelo, Deventer, Zwolle, Assen to Groningen: Yes, I had to switch train/bus 4 (!!) times - well Dutch trainsystem :P

Right now, I am really looking forward to calm next weekend in Groningen, just a little bit shopping, hairdresser and going out in the city, but not travelling around :)

2 comments:

  1. u r meeting a love of your life almost every weekend,rn't u :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. na das war ja sowas von einer projektion: du hast eigentlich mich gemeint, gibs zu! ;-)

    Zick Zack

    ReplyDelete