Saturday, January 15, 2011

first week@work

Just before I open the mozilla firefox, I see the i-tunes button in the taskbar, and I suddenly realize that I haven't listened to any music on my laptop here in Groningen so far. I am wondering if it is because I was too busy or because I just didnt feel like listening to music and double click on "Serani-romance" while I start my 2nd post.

The music has already switched too some shuffled Dirty-Dancing song I once downloaded for the 60ies party at LK, while I upload a picture of PromoBears. Unfortunately my internet-connection is very bad here, so that I already hear Beenie Man and later on Akon and Eminem when reflecting about the first week at work. Well at PromoBears I am as a sales rep responisble for the UK market and also supporting the german-speaking market. Moreover I will have diverses tasks like market research or creating a sales-plan. My collegues at PromoBears are all really nice (I totally enjoy playing table soccer in the lunch-breaks ;)) and so has also been my first week with different tasks in generally. The main purpose so far was to get a detailed understanding of the products and service we are selling. I am really looking forward to this one year of working there.
As I got as a feedback from my application interviews especially at the Graduat Management Programs, constantly working on a full-time basis is exactly what has been missing in my CV and what I can now add in Groningen.
For more information on the company and my tasks: http//www.promobears.de or http://www.promobears.co.uk !
 
During this first week I also read some Sales books and for some side thoughts (although "alors en danse" is probably not the right music for such thoughts) here a quote that really stayed in my mind:

"Das, was sie auf dem Weg zum Erreichen Ihres Ziels lernen und erleben werden, ist wertvoller als das Erreichen des Ziels" [Umberto Saxer - bei Anruf Erfolg]

While Lady Saw sings about "thug loving", I feel supported and confirmed as the above statement somehow reflects the ideas that I had in the previous months. I am a little afraid of setting too precious goals and making plans as I dont want to get to concerned (and I tend to do so) about achieving this goals, and thereby forgetting that the way to achieve this goals should be enjoyed - cause you never know what happens tomorrow.

Okay, after this side-thoughts, back to real interesting issues: My first week of work did of course not discourage me from going to a pool-party in the "flat bar" in the basement of our studenthouse for playing some different version of "Mäxchen" (max).  My flat-mates were impressed how far I was able to learn about their drinking game - well I am looking forward to play the Ziehrer-Creeks-Version of KingsCup soon x). A strange guy from another floor really jumped in the little pool, which they put in the pub - haha - reminds me of the HelloKittyPool-Party in our WG and in Somo last summer ^^

While Chico sings about "thug life", Danny English about "Michelle" (Williams? Dawsons Creek rulez! ^^) and Buju Banton about who will be his love tonight I remember my first going-out in Groningen-city yesterday. Lucky for me within the last days there was a big festival in Groningen: Eurosonic Noorderslag (this should mean sthg. like North-punch in englisch - hahah xD )Festival - http://www.eurosonic-noorderslag.nl/en/.
I heard some cool dutch bands and had some beer in diverse Pubs in the city.

What else has happened in this week? I had a great dinner with the ICX team of Aiesec, I started learning Dutch by listening to an Advanced-Audio-CD, I finally signed my contract at the company, Albert Heijn died (rip) and I, when buying grocery, intelligently went exactly to the cashier where I can only pay with special AH-card which I of course dont have yet - so big emberassing scene - haha - and I had do change the cashier :D.

Vybez Kartel sings about a Gaza Girl and I am already starving thinking about tonights dinner with my Aiesec-"Family" in a Mexican Restaurant... they also mentioned sthg about "having some drinks later" - looking forward to that as well ^^

Plans for next week:
finally registering at the groningen-city council, buying a bike, opening a bank account, getting a dutch mobile phone number and registering at a Fitness Club (yay Sevi - I will be a "Viech" when I come back)

Damian Marley's "road to zion" as a final song, because I realize the length of this post. No place for my goals here again, well - as long as they are not written, it's anyway easier to excuse later on if I havent achieved them ;)

Dadj

No comments:

Post a Comment