Sunday, March 20, 2011

railroad crossings, friendships, worldwide Sales and a crazy world

Hoiii!
Just a short (oke it became longer than expected) update from my life...starting with a "funny" story: For people who havent been in Groningen, there are several railroad crossings in the city, and every day, on my way to work and back I pass by one when riding my bike. And I have always wondered when will be the first time, that I am exactly on the rails when the "alarm/signal", that warns for a train, starts. Well, in 2.5 months it has never happened to me when riding the bike, but has happened as well last week when I was jogging as well as today. Exactly when I was running over the rail, the alarm started xD. People that know me better (eg. Bojan ;)) know that I can be very easy scared/affrighted, and therefore I immediately started sprinting away from the railroad crossing :D

Besides that, today is a wonderful day, sun is shining, I am wearing shorts for the first time this year.
Here in Groningen I am starting to miss my friends from Vienna, especially for spending some time on the weekend, going out or just hanging around. I am realizing, also when I chose the pictures for my picture wall, that, well my best friends, are of course not people I know only for a few months. Most of the people I either already know for years or I have spend a lot of time with them during the last years (like my Fh-crew). Allthough there are so many cool people here in Groningen, it is just not that easy to replace such friendships, as I had probably expected when I came here - Well I am just a little bit impatient I guess.

Two pictures from my photo wall:

Spring Jam 2010:


Schneeberg 2009 (?)


 btw: why do Dutch people not want to take group pictures?? xD

Anyway, if I take a look at the current newspages, I guess there are much more horrible things going on in this crazy world...
- thousands of people died or are dying in Japan due to a (impossible to avoid?) natural disaster
- some thousands might follow due to a possible (avoidable) nuclear catastrophe (btw: I heard that Austria is one of the few countries in Europe that do not have any nuclear power stations, I thought most of European countries were smart enough to do so...)
- people will die in Libya due to (a probably avoidable) war that just started
- a crazy Austrian politician demanded 100.000 Euro per year for lobbying in the EU parlament and has unbelievable lame excusses afterwards - lol stupid idiot
- etc...


Next week I am going to Amsterdam and Paris, so probably my next blog will be written in French... haha.. NOT

k&h Dadj

BTW: I wish all of you a great start to/in (?) Spring and also a happy New Year (Iranian calendar) tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey darius aquarius!
    ich hoff es geht dir gut? netten und lustigen blog hast du da :) (stell ma grad vor wie du vom rail alarm davonläufst :D)

    schick dir liebe grüße aus vienna!
    enjoy your time up there :)

    knutschidu das fiffale

    ReplyDelete